Instruction of committee
- The Seo-gu council organizes 3 standing committee such as steering, planning & administration, and society & city committees. Each committee processes the agenda, petition and civil application belonging to the pertinent committee.
- A member of standing committee shall be appointed by the recommendation of the chairperson and the resolution of the general meeting. One member except for the chairperson should be a member of standing committee. (However, the member of council steering committee should not hold other jobs.)
- A term of office of the member of standing committee starts from the date when the member is appointed up to two years.
- A standing committee consists of members, except for the chairperson, who keep the expertise on the fields and is operated accordingly in order to process kinds of proposals professionally and efficiently.
- One member should be a member of standing committee. A standing committee is held by the chairperson or one third of the registered members.
- When agenda sent from the chairperson is examined, a standing committee shall submit the above bill to the plenary session through the resolution after proposer's explanation, review and report of a special member and questions and discussion. The chairperson submits the written examination result and report the result to the general meeting.
- A special committee is specially organized by the resolution of the general meeting to review and resolve special bills, such as budget & settlement, and administrative agenda, temporarily.
- A special committee proceeds until the agenda examined by the committee is resolved in the general meeting. Term of the member corresponds to the proceeding period of the special committee.